Day 1 - Theme: Train
- Color train coloring page
- Talk about vocabulary word: engine
- Read "The Little Engine that Could" (read my review)
- Sing (I've Been) Workin' On the Railroad
Day 2 - Letter: "J"
- Color letter "J" coloring page
- Talk about the sound the letter "J" makes
- Talk about words that start with the letter "J" (Trevor came up with jack, Jeep, and juice)
- Trace the letter "J" with your finger
- Practice writing the letter "J"
Day 3 - Number "10"
- Count to the number "10"
- Put ten stickers on the number "10" handout, counting as you put them on
- Put ten pegs in the pegboard, counting as you go (we use this Lauri Toys pegboard)
- Work on copying patterns on the pegboard (more details)
Day 4 - Color: Black
- Color last week's circle page black
- Talk about things that are black
- Practice tracing circles
Day 5 - Review
- Review concepts from this week while putting the pages into the school binder
- Quickly review past weeks concepts while putting this week's pages in the binder
- Activity: Create a train by gluing pre-cut circles and squares onto a paper
Trevor singing "I've Been Working on the Railroad." He couldn't get enough of it this week! He never shows his real skills when the camera is rolling, but here's a little taste =)
Looking for more preschool information? Click on the picture below to find a list of all the preschool posts here at Living and Learning at Home, plus some of my favorite preschool resources!