Day 1 - Theme: Ducks
- Color the duck coloring page
- Talk about vocabulary word "duckling"
- Read The Story About Ping (read my review)
- Waddle around like a duck
- Sing "Five Little Ducks"
Day 2 - Letter: "L"
- Color letter "L" coloring page
- Talk about the sound the letter "L" makes
- Talk about words that start with the letter "L" (Thanks to a recently watched Word World episode Trevor came up with Log, Lever, and Lamp)
- Scrabble spelling: "we" "he" "be" and "me" (we reviewed this the rest of the week)
Day 3 - Number "12"
- Count to the number "12"
- Put twelve stickers on the number "12" handout, counting as you put them on
- Put twelve pegs in the pegboard, counting as you go
- Practice matching number flashcards
- Put twelve pegs in pairs by color (more ideas for using the pegboard)
Day 4 - Color: White
- Color a crescent shape white (on a black piece of construction paper)
- Talk about the what things are white
Day 5 - Review and Activity
- Review concepts from this week while putting the pages into the school binder
- Craft Project: Tissue Paper Duck
As a side note, Trevor has been enjoying dancing around the house this week while I have music on. While I am all for free form, I was thinking that it might be nice to somehow work in some purposeful movements in there =) I suppose I could choreograph something myself (watch out!), but I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations that they have used with their preschoolers for dance/movement (DVD's, books that have songs with corresponding actions, etc.) Or has anyone participated in a preschool orientated class for that sort of thing? I'd love to hear about it!