This week was sort of ho-hum. Maybe it's because it's getting nicer outside and we would rather be playing, or maybe because this week's theme wasn't too exciting for me, or who knows, but school was just something to get done for me this week. Trevor is always excited about doing our calendar, though, and now about doing his chores and getting to put his penny sticker on his chart. So anyways, this is what we did...
Day 1 - Theme: Horses
- Color the horse coloring page
- Talk about vocabulary word "mane"
- Read Here We Go 'Round the Year
- I didn't have a horse book on hand, so we read this book which is about the months of the year, which we are learning about by using our calendar.
- Gallop around like a horse
Day 2 - Letter: "N"
- Color letter "N" coloring page
- Talk about the sound the letter "N" makes
- Talk about words that start with the letter "N" (Trevor only came up with Nut)
- "N" Trace and Build Sheet (template)
- Scrabble spelling: "an" "in" and "on"
- These were the trickiest words for him yet sense he was used to the long vowel sounds in the other words we've learned.
Day 3 - Number "14"
- Count to the number "14"
- Put fourteen stickers on the number "14" handout, counting as you put them on
Day 4 - Color: Brown
- Color Brown on last week's Rectangle handout
- Practice tracing lines and circles on our tracing pages (scroll down)
Day 5 - Review and Activity
- Review concepts from this week while putting the pages into the school binder
- Activity - Ride the Penny Horse at Meijer!