Here is what we did each day...
Day 1 - Theme: Butterflies
- Color the butterfly coloring page
- Talk about vocabulary word "cocoon"
- Read The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Sing What Shall We Do When We All Go Out
- Science Activity: Spring Blossoms
- We kept our eyes out for butterflies or caterpillars while we were on our walk...no luck!
- Trevor did stop at each dead worm and ask if it was a caterpillar.
Day 2 - Letter: "P"
- Ok, we just didn't do this one at all.
- Instead we just did a lot of Scrabble spelling while laying on my bed. I started off with the letters needed to spell "tan" "ten" tin" and "ton." We had to review the short vowel sounds, but other than that he did a good job. Then just for fun we swapped out more letters and he practiced sounding out those words (ex. "ten" into "pen.")
Day 3 - Number "16"
- Count to the number "16"
- Put sixteen stickers on the number "16" handout, counting as you put them on
- Put 16 pegs in the pegboard, counting as you go
- Using our pegboard and pegs, I lined up four pegs in a simple pattern and had him put in what peg would come next. For the first time he sort of got the concept. He could do it if i was talking him through it, but when I set up a couple of rows for him to do and I left him to try it himself it wasn't even close =)
Day 4 - Color: Purple
- This is another area that he has outgrown, so since he had already drew a face on the oval from last week, I just had him try to draw a butterfly with a purple marker.
- Trace and Cut Pages
Day 5 - Review and Science Activity
- Review concepts from this week while putting the pages into the school binder
- Science Activity - Looking for Tracks (I hope to do a post on this one soon.)