Here are the goals I came up with for Trevor for this year. They range from academic, to social and every in between. Some are very specific goals, while others are more general. I'm sure I have missed some key areas, but at least this is something for us to aim for!
Goals for the 3 Year Old School Year:
- Be able to write all Uppercase and Lowercase letters
- Be able to read and spell words in sections A-G in The Writing Road to Reading
- Be able to pronounce phonograms 1-45 in The Writing Road to Reading
- Be able to count to 100
- Be able to skip count by 10’s, 5’s, and 2’s
- Be able to write numbers to 100
- Memorize 50 Bible verses (this sounds like a lot, but I'm thinking one a week)
- Improve fine motor skills through arts and crafts
- Improve gross motor skills through play and possibly a ‘sport’
- Be able to dress and undress himself well (he's alright at this now, but still needs some work)
- Learn to think of others before himself (not interrupting, not taking toys from Mackenzie, etc.)
- Begin understanding the concept of addition and subtraction through manipulatives
- Understand concepts: vowel, consonant, syllable
Now that I've written all of these down, it sure seems like a lot! All I know is that last year I completely under shot in my goals, so I thought I'd think big =) Trevor never ceases to amaze me in the amount of information he can grasp, so I figure why not expect more than I would initially think!
See any areas I've missed? What are you working on with your 3 year old (or any age!) this year? Any advice from mommies who have been there and done that with a 3 year old?
I've linked up at: