- 7:00am (or so)
- kids wake up
- breakfast at the table
- go over memory verse and read 'character trait' story.
- change the calendar
- chores (I need to work on being more disciplined with this one!)
- get kids dressed
- exercise/gymnastics (sometimes)
- 'play time' (Trevor and Mackenzie play together in their room with the door shut.)
- music time on the floor (using instruments we sing the Folk song for the week, plus whatever else we want to sing)
- read out of chapter book on the couch (Mackenzie does music and reading time with us)
- TV break (current favorite, Word World)
- Mackenzie takes a nap (This time keep getting pushed later as she gets older. If she happens to be awake for this she gets a few 'learning' toys to play with on a blanket and then during writing time and then can join us at the table with some crayons during art time.)
- Writing and phonogram practice and review at the table
- Art page at the table
- Math or game on the floor (sometime Mackenzie does this with us and, of course, it is much more difficult and much less productive,but we just do what we can =)
- read 'science' story while the kids eat
- play or run errands until nap time!
On Fridays I like to try to do something different. Instead of any school time at the table, I like to try to have a nature activity and craft to do, or sometimes a play date, or really just anything special.
Really, I am super flexible, I just function better if I can have something written down to use as a guide. Sometimes if the kids are playing really well together, I let them keep playing. If Trevor asks to do something (ex. writing right after breakfast) I usually go along with it.
I'm trying to be disciplined with homeschooling so that I can have good habits established as the kids get older. I'm currently trying to figure out a better system for my cleaning type activities and meal planning. I really struggle in the cleaning area, and as I was reminded this morning from a friend, it's really just a matter of me being disciplined enough to see my jobs through until they are finished. Hopefully I will have something that I can share in regards to that area soon, in case any of you struggle there too =)
What does your day look like? Anyone have any cleaning/meal planing tips to share as I'm working on those areas?