For the month of November and December we're taking a break from our normal lesson plans around here and focusing on the holidays! This month we are practicing being thankful of course, and next month we will be focusing on Christ by celebrating Advent. Here's what we've been up to...
- Interactive Calendar (Although I've revamped our calendar from how I originally created it. It doesn't look nearly as nice now, but it's much easier to use!)
- Devotions using His Mighty Warrior, which I'm really enjoying!)
- Singing time (Trevor is learning Come Thou Fount and the Doxology to help reinforce that all of our blessings come from God!)
- Reading The Thanksgiving Story. We're really enjoying this book. It's a chapter book, so it is hard enough to challenge, but still simple enough to be enjoyed.
Sorry you can't actually see Trevor =) This video was taken very early morning when I enjoy a nice dark house. If I get the chance to take a better one I'll switch it.
- Copywork letter for the people whose names are on the tree
- Cooking Cinnamon Bun Carmel Corn to give to our neighbors along with their leaf and letter.
Fun and Games:
- Indian Corn Necklaces
- Corn Cob Bird Feeders
- Glitter Pumpkins
- Thanksgiving timeline game
- Making Butter (with our homeschool group)
And of course we are still visiting grandparents, going to the library, playing at the gymnastics center, going to our homeschool group, class at church etc.
What have you been up to? I love getting new ideas and still need to think of a few things to do for the next week or so!
Savannah's Homeschool Writing Prompts