We have been studying ancient history this year, so I was excited to get the chance to read The True Account of Adam and Eve by Ken Ham. If you are familiar with any of the Answers in Genesis materials, then you have an idea of what this books is about. It essentially walks you through the creation account in Genesis, giving incredible insight to each event along the way. It gives you a great look into what their daily life might have been like.
Some questions that the book addresses are:
- Why was Adam told to not eat of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil?
- How could Adam have named all the animals in just one day?
- How did people and animals interact with each other in the garden?
- How could the world be just over 6000 years old when we have fossils that 'prove' the world is much older?
- How do we make everything right again?
I love how the book gives such high credibility to the Bible and how it interprets it literally. You can trust that you are getting solid info in this book! I completely recommend having your older children read this for them selves, and reading it aloud to your younger children. At first I started just reading it myself, thinking that it would be too difficult for my four year old, but within a few minutes he was in my lap wanting me to read it to him. The pictures are just stunning, which helps keep the little ones interested =)
Take a look for yourself!
Want to read what other people have to say about this book? Check out the link up at nlpgblogs.
If this books looks interesting, I'm sure you would be interested in other books published by Master Books, a division of New Leaf Publishing Group.