Welcome to another week of Trivium Tuesdays! If this is your first time here, this is a link-up aimed at encouraging and informing other homeschoolers who use the Classical model of teaching. Here we can share with each other and learn from one another.
I was out of town for half the week last week, so I didn't manage to get anything fantastic written about classical education on my blog, but I was encouraged by what all of you shared last week! Here are two of my favorites...check them out if you missed them last week!
Golden Grasses wrote a great post about Teaching Writing, but not in the way you might think. She talks about reading aloud, memorizing poetry, foreign language, and more! It was very encouraging to me and I'm sure it will be to you as well!
Trivium Pursuit talked about Delayed Formal Math in their post from last week. This is a very counter-cultural idea, but it is interesting! What about you? Do you start your kids with a formal math program right away or do you delay math? Go over and read Trivium Pursuit's article and leave your feedback in their comments section!
Now onto this week's link-up!
Here are the rules:
- Your post must have to do (in some way) with classical homeschooling (any age children).
- Your post may be from your archives as long as you only post it one time on this link-up.
- Please link to your direct post, not your blog in general.
- Please place my Trivium Tuesdays button (found on my right sidebar) on your blog post so others can learn about this link-up!
- It may be helpful to state in your link description what stage of the trivium or what subject your post is about, if applicable, so others can easily find posts they are interested in looking at.
- Remember, everyone loves comments =) So don't be shy, and tell someone if you liked their post!
I reserve the right to remove any link-up that does not have to do with classical homeschooling. If you are a regular here at Trivium Tuesdays and have something to share that is a little off topic, but still would be an encouragement to the readers here, please still share it =) I'm referring to people who are just trying to get their blog more exposure without following the rules above.
I will visit each of your blogs this week and feature my favorite link-up for all to see next week! Also, if your blog has a button I will place it on my sidebar (under Friends to Visit) for the week until it is replaced by the next week's favorite =)