Welcome to a week long series at Living and Learning at Home! The ladies of the iHomeschool Network have another Hopscotch going on and my topic is copywork. This week we have been talking about what copywork is, who should do it, etc. I encourage you to ask questions or give suggestions at any time. Either leave a comment or send me an email and we can discuss this topic together!
Today we will be talking about where you can find copywork to use with your child. As your children grow, it will be easy to assign them passages to copy directly out of books, but in the early stages it is really handy to just be able to print out pages for your child to write directly on. Here are some great resources for each of the stages. Most of them are free, but some of the bigger packs of copywork are available for a small charge.
Please note: I have tried my best to place the follow copywork resources in the correct levels, but it is hard to tell exactly what a page is like without printing it out and looking at it. If you are looking for copywork for your child, please also check the level below and above the level you think they are in to make sure you get something I may have misplaced. Enjoy!
- Uppercase and lowercase trace and build templates/pieces
- Trace and cut pages
- A-Z Handwriting Worksheets from Confessions of a Homeschooler
- Delightful Handwriting from Charlotte Mason
- Genesis Copywork for Beginners from Classical Copywork
- Copywork for McGuffey's Primer from Classical Copywork
- Good Books Copywork from Living and Learning at Home
- Christmas Gift Thank You Copywork from Living and Learning at Home
- Fall Leaves Copywork from Living and Learning at Home
- Beginning Reading and Copywork from Living and Learning at Home
- Hymns, Poetry, and Bible Verse Copywork from Simply Charlotte Mason
- A Child's Copybook Reader from Simply Charlotte Mason
- Genesis Copywork - Elementary from Classical Copywork
- Poetry for Kids Copywork from Classical Copywork
- Copywork for McGuffey's First Reader from Classical Copywork
- Bible Verse Copywork from Guest Hollow
- Character Trait Copywork from Guest Hollow
- Print to Cursive Proverbs from Charlotte Mason
- Bible Verses from Heart of Wisdom
- Bible and History Copywork from Copycat Books
- Copywork for McGuffey's Second Reader from Classical Copywork
- Bible and My Father's World Copywork from Mamma Jenn (Search for 'copywork' there's a lot!)
- Dr. Seuess Copywork from Walking by the Way
- President Quotes from Walking by the Way
- Copywork Lessons for Future Heros from Walking by the Way
- History Copywork from A Journey Through Learning (many options)
- Hymns in Prose Copybooks from Simply Charlotte Mason
- Martin Luther King Jr. Copywork from Homegrown Learners
- CS Lewis Copywork from Walking by the Way
- John Bunyan Copywork from Notebooking Fairy
- Georgia O'Keeffe Copywork from Notebooking Fairy
- Liberty Bell Copywork from Notebooking Fairy
- Reformation Day Copywork from Notebooking Fairy
- Many selections at CurrCrick
- Many selections at Rainbow Resource Center
I hope this is enough to get you started! If you offer any copywork on your blog, or have a favorite resource that I have not mentioned above, leave a link in the comments and I'll add it!
I have started a Pinterest board to keep track of all the places we can find copywork for our children. Come and follow just the board Copywork to Use or all of my boards at AmyJoyMaze to always know where to find copywork! I will be adding to this board whenever I become aware of new copywork.
Take a minute to check out what the other lovely ladies of the iHomeschool Network are talking about this week during the Hopscotch...