Here are some ideas if you would like to join us, either today or any day this spring!
Why do animals have babies in the spring?
- Many birds and animals have their babies in the spring because that is when there is more food available to feed them and more hours of daylight to find food.
- Mammals who nurse their young need the nutrients from the new-growing plants to make milk to feed their young.
- Read more at http://www.topmarks.co.uk/Spring/BabyAnimals.aspx?age=ks2
Activities for Learning:
I hope you enjoy learning about baby animals today or any day this spring!
- Books (check your library, these are just some I found at mine)
- Make a Bird's Nest
- Take a nature walk outside and think like a bird! Pick up anything you see that a bird might use to build a nest. Try to assemble your own and appreciate a bird's great skill =)
- Go Birdwatching
- Take a nature walk outside and bring your binoculars! Try to see what birds are starting to pop up in your neighborhood.
- Use this nature journal page if you'd like! See my post about Starting a Nature Journal for ideas on how to use it.
- Make A Birdfeeder
- Check out this website for lots of great ideas for making different kinds of birdfeeders: http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/family/bird-feeders.htm
- We're going to be trying to make the Early Bird Diner bird feeder today!