Here are some ideas if you would like to join us, either today or any day this spring!
TreesWhy do trees (and perennial flowers) wake up in the spring?
- As the hours of daylight get longer, and the temperature of the air gets warmer, plants and trees are able to make the food they need to grow and reproduce.
- Read more at http://www.topmarks.co.uk/Spring/TreesWakeUp.aspx?age=ks2
Activities for Learning:
- Books (Check out what you have at your library, these are just some I found at mine.)
- Take a Nature Walk for new spring growth
- Take a look around your yard, walk around your neighborhood, or head out to a local park and see if any trees have started to blossom. if you have bulbs in your yard, have they started to pop up?
- Check out this Spring Blossoms post from two springs ago.
- If you have any blossoms, take a few and press them to use in your nature journal.
- Don't forget to record your findings in a nature journal! Feel free to use this page and See my post about Starting a Nature Journal for ideas on how to use it.
I hope you have fun learning about trees today or any day this spring!