Welcome to another week of Trivium Tuesdays! For those of you who are new here today, this is a link-up aimed at encouraging and informing other homeschoolers who use the Classical model of teaching. Here we can share with each other and learn from one another.
First up is Melody from And Here We Go! with her post about Beginning Map Drawing. She talks about how in Classical Conversations, they teach the kids to be able to draw a world map freehand. Her daughter is just starting out, and she shows us what they are working on as they begin to learn how to draw a map! I loved these ideas and think I will start them in the fall with my son.
I also really enjoyed reading Homeschool Story's post about the grammar stage. She explains why is it so important to gain knowledge before you attempt to have wisdom and understanding. Definitely a counter-cultural idea! Great read if you have a minute this morning.
Most Clicked-On Post from Last Week
The most clicked on post from last week was Art Cards (part 2) from The Paper Maid. Everyone likes freebies, I guess =) Head on over to download your own set of these great pictures to aid in your fine arts study.
This Week's Link-Up
Here are the rules:
- Your post must have to do (in some way) with classical homeschooling (any age children).
- Your post may be from your archives as long as you only post it one time on this link-up.
- Please link to your direct post, not your blog in general.
- Please place my Trivium Tuesdays button (found on my right sidebar) on your blog post so others can learn about this link-up!
- It may be helpful to state in your link description what stage of the trivium or what subject your post is about, if applicable, so others can easily find posts they are interested in looking at.
- Remember, everyone loves comments =) So don't be shy, and tell someone if you liked their post!
I reserve the right to remove any link-up that does not have to do with classical homeschooling. If you are a regular here at Trivium Tuesdays and have something to share that is a little off topic, but still would be an encouragement to the readers here, please still share it =) I'm referring to people who are just trying to get their blog more exposure without following the rules above.
I will visit each of your blogs this week and feature my favorite link-up for all to see next week! Also, if your blog has a button I will place it on my sidebar (under Friends to Visit) for the week until it is replaced by the next week's favorite =)